Book your ATL to MDW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Atlanta to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ATL and MDW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Midway Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ATL to MDW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (MDW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ATL to MDW Route Map
Route information for flights from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Midway Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ATL to MDW
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Atlanta to Chicago (ATL to MDW)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Atlanta, GA to Chicago, IL in 2009 was Atlantic Southeast's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #6368, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 79 minutes average delay between flights from Atlanta to Chicago.
- The average flight time from Atlanta, GA to Chicago, IL takes about 87 minutes.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ATL to MDW using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 466,803 passengers that flew from Atlanta to Chicago in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Atlanta and Chicago from Delta Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 160 seats.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ATL to MDW for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Atlanta to Chicago in 2009 was 71.47%.
- AirTran Airways carried a total of 251,713 passengers from ATL to MDW in 2009.
- 649,681 seats were available on flights from ATL to MDW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 466,803 passengers flew on all flights from ATL to MDW that year.
- AirTran Airways, Delta Airlines, Shuttle America, Atlantic Southeast, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Frontier, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Atlanta, GA to Chicago, IL.
- Northwest Airlink, AirTran Airways, Comair, Delta Airlines, Atlantic Southeast operate the shortest flights from Atlanta to Chicago.
- The shortest flight distance between Atlanta and Chicago is 590 miles.
- The shortest flight between ATL and MDW takes about 82 minutes.
- Atlantic Southeast offers the shortest flight times from Atlanta to Chicago.
- The newest aircraft servicing ATL to MDW in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Atlanta and Chicago.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Columbus Casino you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.