Book your ATL to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Atlanta to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ATL and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ATL to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ATL to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ATL to LAX
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A330-200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-200LR|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Atlanta to Los Angeles (ATL to LAX)
- The average flight time from Atlanta, GA to Los Angeles, CA takes about 261 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Atlanta, GA to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- 1,002,025 seats were available on flights from ATL to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 904,056 passengers flew on all flights from ATL to LAX that year.
- The shortest flight distance between Atlanta and Los Angeles is 1947 miles.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ATL to LAX using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Atlanta, GA to Los Angeles, CA.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Atlanta and Los Angeles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Atlanta to Los Angeles in 2009 was 87.61%.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Atlanta to Los Angeles.
- There were 904,056 passengers that flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ATL to LAX for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing ATL to LAX in 2009 was AirTran Airways' B737-7 from Boeing. The B737-7 started flying in 1998.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Atlanta to Los Angeles.
- The shortest flight between ATL and LAX takes about 256 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Atlanta and Los Angeles from World Airways is the MD-11 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 358 seats.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 743,606 passengers from ATL to LAX in 2009.
- Flight #1719, operated by Delta Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 50 minutes average delay between flights from Atlanta to Los Angeles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Munich and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including San Jose del Cabo you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.