Book your ATL to MSY flights with Expedia and find last-minute Atlanta to New Orleans airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ATL and MSY, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ATL to MSY Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ATL to MSY Route Map
Route information for flights from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ATL to MSY
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD90|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Atlanta to New Orleans (ATL to MSY)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Atlanta to New Orleans in 2009 was 79.6%.
- Flight #5736, operated by Atlantic Southeast, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 131 minutes average delay between flights from Atlanta to New Orleans.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans, LA in 2009 was Atlantic Southeast's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- 672,153 seats were available on flights from ATL to MSY in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 537,348 passengers flew on all flights from ATL to MSY that year.
- Northwest Airlink, AirTran Airways, Comair, Delta Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast operate the shortest flights from Atlanta to New Orleans.
- The shortest flight distance between Atlanta and New Orleans is 425 miles.
- The shortest flight between ATL and MSY takes about 66 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Atlanta and New Orleans from Delta Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 262 seats.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlink, Atlantic Southeast, Skywest Air, Comair, Shuttle America, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines offer flights from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans, LA.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Atlanta to New Orleans.
- The average flight time from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans, LA takes about 68 minutes.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 369,875 passengers from ATL to MSY in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 11 airline companies operating between Atlanta and New Orleans.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ATL to MSY for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- There were 537,348 passengers that flew from Atlanta to New Orleans in 2009.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ATL to MSY using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing ATL to MSY in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Spirit Lake Iowa you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.