Book your ATL to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Atlanta to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ATL and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ATL to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ATL to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ATL to SFO
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 767 all pax models|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Atlanta to San Francisco (ATL to SFO)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight between ATL and SFO takes about 283 minutes.
- There were 534,959 passengers that flew from Atlanta to San Francisco in 2009.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 437,020 passengers from ATL to SFO in 2009.
- Flight #45, operated by AirTran Airways, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 10 minutes average delay between flights from Atlanta to San Francisco.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Atlanta and San Francisco.
- The average flight time from Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA takes about 286 minutes.
- 590,702 seats were available on flights from ATL to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 534,959 passengers flew on all flights from ATL to SFO that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Atlanta to San Francisco in 2009 was 86.85%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ATL to SFO for Delta Airlines is the B737-7 built by Boeing with 124 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Atlanta and San Francisco from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Atlanta to San Francisco.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA.
- The shortest flight distance between Atlanta and San Francisco is 2139 miles.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ATL to SFO using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Atlanta to San Francisco.
- The newest aircraft servicing ATL to SFO in 2009 was AirTran Airways' B737-7 from Boeing. The B737-7 started flying in 1998.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Baltimore? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Charlottesville Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vacation Packages to Oahu today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.