Book your ATL to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Atlanta to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ATL and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ATL to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ATL to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ATL to IAD
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-700 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|US Airways||Embraer 170|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Atlanta to Washington, DC (ATL to IAD)
- There were 459,943 passengers that flew from Atlanta to Washington in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 16 airline companies operating between Atlanta and Washington.
- Skywest Air offers the shortest flight times from Atlanta to Washington.
- The newest aircraft servicing ATL to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Shuttle America, Northwest Airlink, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Atlantic Southeast, Comair, Skywest Air, Air Greenland, USA 3000, Lufthansa, Continental Airlines, UNITED, Northwest Airlines, Air Uganda, Air Canada offer flights from Atlanta, GA to Washington, DC.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Atlanta to Washington in 2009 was 72.59%.
- Flight #6586, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 70 minutes average delay between flights from Atlanta to Washington.
- 653,026 seats were available on flights from ATL to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 459,943 passengers flew on all flights from ATL to IAD that year.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 237,401 passengers from ATL to IAD in 2009.
- The average flight time from Atlanta, GA to Washington, DC takes about 75 minutes.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ATL to IAD using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Atlanta to Washington.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ATL to IAD for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Atlanta and Washington from Lufthansa is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 352 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Atlanta, GA to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight distance between Atlanta and Washington is 533 miles.
- The shortest flight between ATL and IAD takes about 66 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)