Book your BHM to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Birmingham to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between BHM and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Birmingham Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
BHM to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Birmingham (BHM), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Birmingham on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
BHM to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Birmingham Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from BHM to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Birmingham to Detroit (BHM to DTW)
- There were 37,382 passengers that flew from Birmingham to Detroit in 2009.
- The shortest flight between BHM and DTW takes about 94 minutes.
- 46,738 seats were available on flights from BHM to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 37,382 passengers flew on all flights from BHM to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Birmingham to Detroit.
- Comair operated flights from BHM to DTW using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Birmingham, AL to Detroit, MI takes about 96 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Birmingham, AL to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Comair's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Birmingham, AL to Detroit, MI.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from BHM to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing BHM to DTW in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair operate the shortest flights from Birmingham to Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Birmingham to Detroit in 2009 was 77.22%.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Birmingham and Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between Birmingham and Detroit is 625 miles.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 28,311 passengers from BHM to DTW in 2009.
- Flight #2832, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 21 minutes average delay between flights from Birmingham to Detroit.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Birmingham and Detroit from USA 3000 is the A320-1/2 built by Airbus Industrie with 168 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including US Bank Arena you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.