Book your BOS to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Boston to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between BOS and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Logan Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
BOS to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Boston (BOS), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Boston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
BOS to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from Logan Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from BOS to LAX
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|JetBlue Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Boston to Los Angeles (BOS to LAX)
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Boston and Los Angeles.
- American Airlines carried a total of 213,185 passengers from BOS to LAX in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Boston and Los Angeles from American Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 225 seats.
- JetBlue Airways offers the shortest flight times from Boston to Los Angeles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from BOS to LAX for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- There were 446,276 passengers that flew from Boston to Los Angeles in 2009.
- 541,039 seats were available on flights from BOS to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 446,276 passengers flew on all flights from BOS to LAX that year.
- The average flight time from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA takes about 342 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Boston and Los Angeles is 2611 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- American Airlines, Virgin America, UNITED, JetBlue Airways, Delta Airlines, Etihad Airways offer flights from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA.
- JetBlue Airways, UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Boston to Los Angeles.
- The newest aircraft servicing BOS to LAX in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- Flight #725, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 14 minutes average delay between flights from Boston to Los Angeles.
- American Airlines operated flights from BOS to LAX using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between BOS and LAX takes about 336 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Boston to Los Angeles in 2009 was 80.71%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)