Book your BOS to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Boston to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between BOS and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Logan Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
BOS to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Boston (BOS), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Boston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
BOS to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Logan Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from BOS to SFO
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|JetBlue Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Boston to San Francisco (BOS to SFO)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Boston, MA to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Boston, MA to San Francisco, CA takes about 356 minutes.
- The shortest flight between BOS and SFO takes about 350 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Boston and San Francisco from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 374 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Boston to San Francisco in 2009 was 81.74%.
- The newest aircraft servicing BOS to SFO in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A330-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A330-3 started flying in 2004.
- JetBlue Airways offers the shortest flight times from Boston to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight distance between Boston and San Francisco is 2704 miles.
- There were 465,238 passengers that flew from Boston to San Francisco in 2009.
- 542,243 seats were available on flights from BOS to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 465,238 passengers flew on all flights from BOS to SFO that year.
- UNITED operated flights from BOS to SFO using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- UNITED carried a total of 253,475 passengers from BOS to SFO in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from BOS to SFO for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Boston and San Francisco.
- Flight #197, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 5 minutes average delay between flights from Boston to San Francisco.
- JetBlue Airways, UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Boston to San Francisco.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Virgin America, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Boston, MA to San Francisco, CA.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)