Book your BUF to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Buffalo to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between BUF and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Buffalo Niagara Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
BUF to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Buffalo (BUF), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Buffalo on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
BUF to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Buffalo Niagara Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from BUF to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Buffalo to Detroit (BUF to DTW)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Buffalo and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 184 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from BUF to DTW using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from BUF to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- There were 123,284 passengers that flew from Buffalo to Detroit in 2009.
- The average flight time from Buffalo, NY to Detroit, MI takes about 44 minutes.
- Flight #1609, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 25 minutes average delay between flights from Buffalo to Detroit.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Buffalo and Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between Buffalo and Detroit is 240 miles.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 95,756 passengers from BUF to DTW in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing BUF to DTW in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- 152,078 seats were available on flights from BUF to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 123,284 passengers flew on all flights from BUF to DTW that year.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Buffalo to Detroit in 2009 was 79.12%.
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Air Greenland, go Operated by Mesa Airlines offer flights from Buffalo, NY to Detroit, MI.
- Comair offers the shortest flight times from Buffalo to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Comair operate the shortest flights from Buffalo to Detroit.
- The shortest flight between BUF and DTW takes about 40 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Buffalo, NY to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Airfare to Hawaii and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Palm Springs you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Walt Disney World Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.