Book your MDW to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between MDW and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Midway Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
MDW to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (MDW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
MDW to ATL Route Map
Route information for flights from Midway Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from MDW to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Atlanta (MDW to ATL)
- Delta Airlines operated flights from MDW to ATL using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Comair offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Atlanta.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Atlanta is 590 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Atlanta in 2009 was 71.16%.
- The newest aircraft servicing MDW to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Atlanta.
- 648,446 seats were available on flights from MDW to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 471,151 passengers flew on all flights from MDW to ATL that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from MDW to ATL for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- AirTran Airways, Delta Airlines, Shuttle America, Atlantic Southeast, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Chicago, IL to Atlanta, GA.
- Flight #6369, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 47 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Atlanta.
- AirTran Airways carried a total of 253,932 passengers from MDW to ATL in 2009.
- There were 471,151 passengers that flew from Chicago to Atlanta in 2009.
- The shortest flight between MDW and ATL takes about 63 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Chicago and Atlanta.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Atlanta from Delta Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 160 seats.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Atlanta, GA takes about 81 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)