Book your ORD to BHM flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Birmingham airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and BHM, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to Birmingham Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to BHM Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Birmingham (BHM), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Birmingham on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to BHM Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to Birmingham Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to BHM
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Birmingham (ORD to BHM)
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Birmingham from USA 3000 is the A320-1/2 built by Airbus Industrie with 168 seats.
- Skywest Air offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Birmingham.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Chicago and Birmingham.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to BHM in 2009 was go Operated by Mesa Airlines' CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Birmingham, AL takes about 83 minutes.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines carried a total of 31,998 passengers from ORD to BHM in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to BHM for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- There were 43,262 passengers that flew from Chicago to Birmingham in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Birmingham, AL in 2009 was Delta Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from ORD to BHM using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 56,146 seats were available on flights from ORD to BHM in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 43,262 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to BHM that year.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air, American Connection, ExpressJet Airlines, Delta Airlines, UNITED offer flights from Chicago, IL to Birmingham, AL.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Birmingham is 584 miles.
- The shortest flight between ORD and BHM takes about 80 minutes.
- ExpressJet Airlines, Skywest Air, go Operated by Mesa Airlines operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Birmingham.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Birmingham in 2009 was 71.67%.
- Flight #7022, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 149 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Birmingham.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Milan and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Halifax Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.