Book your ORD to IAH flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Houston airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and IAH, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to George Bush Intercontinental with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to IAH Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Houston (IAH), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Houston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to IAH Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to George Bush Intercontinental.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to IAH
|American Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Houston (ORD to IAH)
- Continental Airlines operated flights from ORD to IAH using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- American Eagle offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Houston.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to IAH in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Houston, TX takes about 132 minutes.
- Continental Airlines carried a total of 292,072 passengers from ORD to IAH in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Houston, TX in 2009 was Air France's B747C from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Houston from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- There were 491,994 passengers that flew from Chicago to Houston in 2009.
- The shortest flight between ORD and IAH takes about 128 minutes.
- 600,070 seats were available on flights from ORD to IAH in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 491,994 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to IAH that year.
- Flight #6534, operated by Skywest Air, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 74 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Houston.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Houston is 925 miles.
- In 2009, there were 10 airline companies operating between Chicago and Houston.
- Continental Airlines, American Airlines, UNITED, Shuttle America, American Eagle, ExpressJet Airlines, Skywest Air, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, Air France offer flights from Chicago, IL to Houston, TX.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Houston in 2009 was 81.41%.
- ExpressJet Airlines, UNITED, American Airlines, American Eagle, Continental Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Houston.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Enterprise Car Rental Orlando? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including New York Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vacation Packages to Las Vegas today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.