Book your ORD to TYS flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Knoxville airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and TYS, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to McGhee Tyson with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to TYS Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Knoxville (TYS), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Knoxville on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to TYS Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to McGhee Tyson.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to TYS
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ140|
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Knoxville (ORD to TYS)
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Knoxville, TN takes about 66 minutes.
- Flight #7056, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 23 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Knoxville.
- American Eagle operated flights from ORD to TYS using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between ORD and TYS takes about 65 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Chicago and Knoxville.
- American Eagle, ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Knoxville.
- American Eagle, Skywest Air, American Connection, ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Chicago, IL to Knoxville, TN.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to TYS for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Knoxville from Delta Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 160 seats.
- ExpressJet Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Knoxville.
- 133,537 seats were available on flights from ORD to TYS in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 78,134 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to TYS that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Knoxville, TN in 2009 was go Operated by Mesa Airlines' RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to TYS in 2009 was American Eagle's EMB-140 from Embraer. The EMB-140 started flying in 2001.
- American Eagle carried a total of 33,205 passengers from ORD to TYS in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Knoxville in 2009 was 60.04%.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Knoxville is 475 miles.
- There were 78,134 passengers that flew from Chicago to Knoxville in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Honolulu and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Wildwood Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.