Book your ORD to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to LAX Route Map
Looking for San Diego Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Chicago Flights and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Philadelphia Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Belize Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to LAX
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|American Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Etihad Airways||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Los Angeles (ORD to LAX)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to LAX for Skywest Air is the RJ-700 built by Canadair with 66 seats.
- 1,154,520 seats were available on flights from ORD to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 1,016,339 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to LAX that year.
- UNITED operated flights from ORD to LAX using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Los Angeles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-3/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Los Angeles from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 365 seats.
- American Airlines, UNITED operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Los Angeles.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA takes about 230 minutes.
- UNITED carried a total of 560,720 passengers from ORD to LAX in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Chicago and Los Angeles.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to LAX in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The shortest flight between ORD and LAX takes about 230 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Los Angeles in 2009 was 84.42%.
- Flight #111, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 87 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Los Angeles.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Los Angeles is 1745 miles.
- There were 1,016,339 passengers that flew from Chicago to Los Angeles in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)