Book your ORD to MSY flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to New Orleans airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and MSY, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to MSY Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to MSY Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to MSY
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|US Airways||Embraer 170|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to New Orleans (ORD to MSY)
- There were 182,289 passengers that flew from Chicago to New Orleans in 2009.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to New Orleans, LA takes about 111 minutes.
- American Airlines, UNITED, Shuttle America, American Eagle, Gojet Airlines, Continental Airlines, Skywest Air offer flights from Chicago, IL to New Orleans, LA.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Chicago and New Orleans.
- American Airlines carried a total of 79,277 passengers from ORD to MSY in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to MSY in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight between ORD and MSY takes about 108 minutes.
- UNITED, American Airlines, American Eagle operate the shortest flights from Chicago to New Orleans.
- Flight #142, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 155 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to New Orleans.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to MSY for American Eagle is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- American Eagle offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to New Orleans.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and New Orleans from American Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 188 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to New Orleans, LA in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to New Orleans in 2009 was 78.52%.
- American Airlines operated flights from ORD to MSY using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 236,882 seats were available on flights from ORD to MSY in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 182,289 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to MSY that year.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and New Orleans is 837 miles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Hawaii and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including St Augustine Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Disney Vacation Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.