Book your ORD to SAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to San Diego airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and SAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to San Diego Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to SAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to SAN Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to San Diego Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to SAN
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to San Diego (ORD to SAN)
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Chicago to San Diego.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to San Diego, CA takes about 230 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Chicago and San Diego.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and San Diego is 1723 miles.
- UNITED operated flights from ORD to SAN using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to San Diego.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Delta Airlines offer flights from Chicago, IL to San Diego, CA.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to SAN in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to SAN for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to San Diego in 2009 was 85.8%.
- UNITED carried a total of 232,180 passengers from ORD to SAN in 2009.
- There were 413,632 passengers that flew from Chicago to San Diego in 2009.
- 467,900 seats were available on flights from ORD to SAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 413,632 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to SAN that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and San Diego from Delta Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 184 seats.
- Flight #719, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 16 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to San Diego.
- The shortest flight between ORD and SAN takes about 229 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to San Diego, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Enterprise Denver? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Tickets to Hawaii and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including London Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best New Orleans Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.