Book your ORD to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to SFO
|Alaska Airlines, Inc.||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 767-300 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to San Francisco (ORD to SFO)
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to SFO in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The shortest flight between ORD and SFO takes about 243 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to SFO for UNITED is the B737-5 built by Boeing with 110 seats.
- Flight #345, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to San Francisco.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Air Canada offer flights from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to San Francisco in 2009 was 86.5%.
- There were 822,795 passengers that flew from Chicago to San Francisco in 2009.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Chicago to San Francisco.
- 929,999 seats were available on flights from ORD to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 822,795 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to SFO that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and San Francisco is 1846 miles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and San Francisco from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 358 seats.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Chicago and San Francisco.
- UNITED operated flights from ORD to SFO using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to San Francisco.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA takes about 244 minutes.
- UNITED carried a total of 583,007 passengers from ORD to SFO in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Galveston? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Istanbul and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Block Island Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Williamsburg Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.