Book your ORD to TPA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Tampa airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and TPA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to Tampa Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Tampa (TPA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Tampa on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to TPA Route Map
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Eilat Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to Tampa Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to TPA
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Etihad Airways||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Gulf Air Bahrain||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Tampa (ORD to TPA)
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Tampa, FL takes about 129 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Tampa is 1012 miles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Tampa in 2009 was 82.65%.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to TPA in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A330-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A330-3 started flying in 2004.
- UNITED carried a total of 164,809 passengers from ORD to TPA in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Tampa from Northwest Airlines is the A330-3 built by Airbus Industrie with 298 seats.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Tampa.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Tampa, FL in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED operated flights from ORD to TPA using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 298,578 seats were available on flights from ORD to TPA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 255,368 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to TPA that year.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Chicago and Tampa.
- Flight #1058, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 32 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Tampa.
- UNITED, American Airlines operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Tampa.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to TPA for UNITED is the B737-5 built by Boeing with 104 seats.
- UNITED, American Airlines, Northwest Airlines, USA 3000, Delta Airlines, US Airways offer flights from Chicago, IL to Tampa, FL.
- The shortest flight between ORD and TPA takes about 129 minutes.
- There were 255,368 passengers that flew from Chicago to Tampa in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)