Book your ORD to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Chicago to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between ORD and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from O'Hare Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
ORD to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
ORD to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from O'Hare Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from ORD to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Chicago to Washington, DC (ORD to IAD)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Chicago, IL to Washington, DC in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED, American Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Air Greenland, American Eagle, Gojet Airlines, American Connection offer flights from Chicago, IL to Washington, DC.
- The average flight time from Chicago, IL to Washington, DC takes about 80 minutes.
- UNITED operated flights from ORD to IAD using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Flight #460, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 61 minutes average delay between flights from Chicago to Washington.
- The newest aircraft servicing ORD to IAD in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Chicago to Washington.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from ORD to IAD for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Chicago and Washington is 589 miles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Chicago and Washington from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 363 seats.
- JetBlue Airways, UNITED operate the shortest flights from Chicago to Washington.
- 440,719 seats were available on flights from ORD to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 302,228 passengers flew on all flights from ORD to IAD that year.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Chicago and Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Chicago to Washington in 2009 was 70.25%.
- There were 302,228 passengers that flew from Chicago to Washington in 2009.
- The shortest flight between ORD and IAD takes about 77 minutes.
- UNITED carried a total of 300,316 passengers from ORD to IAD in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Exotic Car Rental Miami? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Biltmore House you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.