Book your DFW to SAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute Dallas to San Diego airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DFW and SAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Dallas Fort Worth Intl. to San Diego Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DFW to SAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Dallas (DFW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Dallas on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DFW to SAN Route Map
Route information for flights from Dallas Fort Worth Intl. to San Diego Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DFW to SAN
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|American Airlines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Gulf Air Bahrain||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Dallas to San Diego (DFW to SAN)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Dallas to San Diego in 2009 was 85.28%.
- There were 454,161 passengers that flew from Dallas to San Diego in 2009.
- 503,013 seats were available on flights from DFW to SAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 454,161 passengers flew on all flights from DFW to SAN that year.
- American Airlines carried a total of 453,694 passengers from DFW to SAN in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Dallas and San Diego.
- The shortest flight distance between Dallas and San Diego is 1171 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DFW to SAN for Frontier is the A318 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- The average flight time from Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA takes about 159 minutes.
- Flight #633, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 12 minutes average delay between flights from Dallas to San Diego.
- American Airlines operated flights from DFW to SAN using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DFW and SAN takes about 159 minutes.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Dallas to San Diego.
- American Airlines, Delta Airlines, US Airways, Frontier offer flights from Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA.
- The newest aircraft servicing DFW to SAN in 2009 was Frontier's A318 from Airbus Industrie. The A318 started flying in 2003.
- American Airlines operates the shortest flights from Dallas to San Diego.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Dallas and San Diego from Delta Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 262 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Art Institute of Chicago you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.