Book your DFW to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Dallas to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DFW and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Dallas Fort Worth Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DFW to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Dallas (DFW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Dallas on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DFW to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Dallas Fort Worth Intl. to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DFW to IAD
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD80|
|American Airlines||McDonnell Douglas MD83|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Dallas to Washington, DC (DFW to IAD)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Dallas to Washington in 2009 was 73.49%.
- The shortest flight between DFW and IAD takes about 140 minutes.
- American Airlines, Shuttle America, UNITED, Continental Airlines, Republic Airlines offer flights from Dallas, TX to Washington, DC.
- American Airlines operated flights from DFW to IAD using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 339,440 seats were available on flights from DFW to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 250,451 passengers flew on all flights from DFW to IAD that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Dallas and Washington from American Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 246 seats.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Dallas and Washington.
- Flight #1774, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 7 minutes average delay between flights from Dallas to Washington.
- American Airlines operates the shortest flights from Dallas to Washington.
- The newest aircraft servicing DFW to IAD in 2009 was Republic Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Dallas, TX to Washington, DC in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- American Airlines carried a total of 210,962 passengers from DFW to IAD in 2009.
- There were 250,451 passengers that flew from Dallas to Washington in 2009.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Dallas to Washington.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DFW to IAD for Shuttle America is the EMB-170 built by Embraer with 70 seats.
- The average flight time from Dallas, TX to Washington, DC takes about 140 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Dallas and Washington is 1172 miles.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Gulfstream Park you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.