Book your DSM to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Des Moines to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DSM and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Des Moines Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DSM to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Des Moines (DSM), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Des Moines on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DSM to DTW Route Map
Looking for Car Rental Santa Barbara? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Bora Bora and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Curacao Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Hot Springs Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from Des Moines Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DSM to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Des Moines to Detroit (DSM to DTW)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Des Moines, IA to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Des Moines to Detroit in 2009 was 73.8%.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Des Moines and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- There were 25,267 passengers that flew from Des Moines to Detroit in 2009.
- Comair operated flights from DSM to DTW using one type of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DSM and DTW takes about 80 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing DSM to DTW in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 24,962 passengers from DSM to DTW in 2009.
- Flight #2564, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 5 minutes average delay between flights from Des Moines to Detroit.
- 33,082 seats were available on flights from DSM to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 25,267 passengers flew on all flights from DSM to DTW that year.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Des Moines to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Comair offer flights from Des Moines, IA to Detroit, MI.
- The average flight time from Des Moines, IA to Detroit, MI takes about 82 minutes.
- The shortest flight distance between Des Moines and Detroit is 534 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DSM to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Des Moines and Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Des Moines to Detroit.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)