Book your DTW to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to ATL Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 777-200LR|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD90|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Atlanta (DTW to ATL)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Atlantic Southeast's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Atlanta is 594 miles.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Detroit and Atlanta.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Shuttle America, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast offer flights from Detroit, MI to Atlanta, GA.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Atlanta in 2009 was 77.96%.
- Flight #1877, operated by Delta Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 19 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Atlanta.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from DTW to ATL using 8 types of aircraft in 2009.
- There were 579,332 passengers that flew from Detroit to Atlanta in 2009.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 403,829 passengers from DTW to ATL in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Atlanta, GA takes about 97 minutes.
- The shortest flight between DTW and ATL takes about 94 minutes.
- 725,390 seats were available on flights from DTW to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 579,332 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to ATL that year.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Atlanta.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Atlanta.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Atlanta from Delta Airlines is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 273 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the RJ-700 built by Canadair with 70 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Columbus Convention Center you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.