Book your DTW to MDW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and MDW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Midway Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to MDW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (MDW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to MDW Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Midway Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to MDW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Chicago (DTW to MDW)
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Chicago.
- 95,969 seats were available on flights from DTW to MDW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 61,542 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to MDW that year.
- Compass Airlines, Comair, Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines, UNITED offer flights from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Chicago is 229 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to MDW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- There were 61,542 passengers that flew from Detroit to Chicago in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL takes about 48 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Chicago from Continental Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 160 seats.
- Compass Airlines carried a total of 31,107 passengers from DTW to MDW in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to MDW using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Chicago in 2009 was 56.97%.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to MDW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight between DTW and MDW takes about 47 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Detroit and Chicago.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL in 2009 was Comair's RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #5091, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 20 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Chicago.
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Comair operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Chicago.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Honolulu Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Student Flights and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Traverse City Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Chicago Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.