Book your DTW to ORD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Chicago airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and ORD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to O'Hare Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to ORD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Chicago (ORD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Chicago on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to ORD Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to O'Hare Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to ORD
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ140|
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|US Airways||Embraer 170|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Chicago (DTW to ORD)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Chicago in 2009 was 73.25%.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- There were 504,627 passengers that flew from Detroit to Chicago in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines, American Eagle, UNITED, American Airlines, Gojet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air, Compass Airlines, American Connection, Lufthansa, Spirit Airlines, USA 3000, Delta Airlines, US Airways, Northwest Airlink, ExpressJet Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to ORD in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight between DTW and ORD takes about 45 minutes.
- American Eagle, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Skywest Air, Northwest Airlink, UNITED, American Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Chicago.
- ExpressJet Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Chicago.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Chicago is 235 miles.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 196,484 passengers from DTW to ORD in 2009.
- UNITED operated flights from DTW to ORD using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL takes about 48 minutes.
- Flight #1661, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 47 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Chicago.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to ORD for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- In 2009, there were 16 airline companies operating between Detroit and Chicago.
- 708,849 seats were available on flights from DTW to ORD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 504,627 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to ORD that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Chicago from UNITED is the B777-2 built by Boeing with 258 seats.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)