Book your DTW to DSM flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Des Moines airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and DSM, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Des Moines Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to DSM Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Des Moines (DSM), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Des Moines on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to DSM Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Des Moines Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to DSM
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Des Moines (DTW to DSM)
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Des Moines is 534 miles.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Detroit and Des Moines.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Des Moines, IA takes about 84 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to DSM in 2009 was American Eagle's EMB-140 from Embraer. The EMB-140 started flying in 2001.
- American Eagle operated flights from DTW to DSM using one type of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Des Moines, IA in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair which started flying in 1997.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Des Moines.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 25,101 passengers from DTW to DSM in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Des Moines.
- The shortest flight between DTW and DSM takes about 83 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Des Moines from Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Des Moines in 2009 was 75.27%.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, American Eagle offer flights from Detroit, MI to Des Moines, IA.
- There were 25,298 passengers that flew from Detroit to Des Moines in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to DSM for American Eagle is the EMB-140 built by Embraer with 44 seats.
- Flight #2805, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 5 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Des Moines.
- 33,344 seats were available on flights from DTW to DSM in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 25,298 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to DSM that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Branson Shows you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Cancun Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.