Book your DTW to TYS flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Knoxville airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and TYS, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to McGhee Tyson with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to TYS Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Knoxville (TYS), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Knoxville on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to TYS Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to McGhee Tyson.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to TYS
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Knoxville (DTW to TYS)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Knoxville, TN in 2009 was Delta Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The shortest flight between DTW and TYS takes about 67 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink operates the shortest flights from Detroit to Knoxville.
- 62,428 seats were available on flights from DTW to TYS in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 39,396 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to TYS that year.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Knoxville, TN takes about 67 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to TYS for Northwest Airlink is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 39,054 passengers from DTW to TYS in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Knoxville is 443 miles.
- There were 39,396 passengers that flew from Detroit to Knoxville in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Knoxville.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Knoxville in 2009 was 70.45%.
- Northwest Airlink, Delta Airlines, Compass Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to Knoxville, TN.
- Flight #3901, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 16 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Knoxville.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Detroit and Knoxville.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Knoxville from Delta Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 160 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to TYS in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Delta Airlines operated flights from DTW to TYS using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Downtown Disney Anaheim you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.