Book your DTW to LAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Lansing airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and LAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Capital Region Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to LAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Lansing (LAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Lansing on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to LAN Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Capital Region Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to LAN
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Lansing (DTW to LAN)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to LAN for Northwest Airlink is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Lansing is 74 miles.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Lansing, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to Lansing, MI.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Detroit and Lansing.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to LAN using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 96,489 seats were available on flights from DTW to LAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 60,854 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to LAN that year.
- The shortest flight between DTW and LAN takes about 19 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Lansing from Sun Country Airlines is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 162 seats.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Lansing.
- Flight #3824, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 11 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Lansing.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Lansing.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Lansing in 2009 was 59.84%.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to LAN in 2009 was Sun Country Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- There were 60,854 passengers that flew from Detroit to Lansing in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 44,001 passengers from DTW to LAN in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Lansing, MI takes about 19 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)