Book your DTW to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to LAX Route Map
Looking for Rental Car Las Vegas? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Las Vegas Flights and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including All Inclusive Resorts in Hawaii you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vegas Trip Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to LAX
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 767-300 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Los Angeles (DTW to LAX)
- Northwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, American Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to Los Angeles, CA.
- There were 304,071 passengers that flew from Detroit to Los Angeles in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DTW and LAX takes about 265 minutes.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Los Angeles, CA takes about 265 minutes.
- Flight #2396, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 76 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Los Angeles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Los Angeles from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to LAX for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 116 seats.
- 329,670 seats were available on flights from DTW to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 304,071 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to LAX that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to LAX in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A330-3 from Airbus Industrie. The A330-3 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Los Angeles is 1979 miles.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 266,181 passengers from DTW to LAX in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Detroit and Los Angeles.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Los Angeles.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to LAX using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines operates the shortest flights from Detroit to Los Angeles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Los Angeles in 2009 was 89.18%.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-2/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)