Book your DTW to MIA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Miami airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and MIA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Miami Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to MIA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Miami (MIA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Miami on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to MIA Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Miami Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to MIA
|American Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Miami (DTW to MIA)
- 186,777 seats were available on flights from DTW to MIA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 153,956 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to MIA that year.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Miami is 1145 miles.
- American Airlines, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Miami.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Miami, FL in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines, American Airlines, Air Greenland offer flights from Detroit, MI to Miami, FL.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to MIA for Northwest Airlines is the DC-9-30 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 100 seats.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Detroit and Miami.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Miami from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- The shortest flight between DTW and MIA takes about 151 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to MIA using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Miami, FL takes about 152 minutes.
- There were 153,956 passengers that flew from Detroit to Miami in 2009.
- American Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Miami.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Miami in 2009 was 80.68%.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 93,079 passengers from DTW to MIA in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to MIA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- Flight #1011, operated by American Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 9 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Miami.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Baton Rouge Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Cincinnati and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Kaanapali Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Miami Beaches today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.