Book your DTW to JFK flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to New York airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and JFK, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to John F. Kennedy Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to JFK Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (JFK), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to JFK Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to John F. Kennedy Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to JFK
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to New York (DTW to JFK)
- Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Comair operate the shortest flights from Detroit to New York.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to New York, NY takes about 76 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to JFK for Comair is the RJ100/ER built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- There were 114,530 passengers that flew from Detroit to New York in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and New York is 508 miles.
- In 2009, there were 7 airline companies operating between Detroit and New York.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to New York in 2009 was 71.03%.
- 160,382 seats were available on flights from DTW to JFK in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 114,530 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to JFK that year.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 77,384 passengers from DTW to JFK in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DTW and JFK takes about 72 minutes.
- Delta Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to New York.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to JFK using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to New York, NY in 2009 was American Airlines' B767-2/R from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #6355, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 22 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to New York.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and New York from American Airlines is the B767-3/R built by Boeing with 225 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to JFK in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlines, Comair, Compass Airlines, Freedom Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, USA 3000 offer flights from Detroit, MI to New York, NY.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)