Book your DTW to LGA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to New York airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and LGA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to LaGuardia with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to LGA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from New York (LGA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New York on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to LGA Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to LaGuardia.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to LGA
|American Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|American Airlines||Embraer RJ135|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to New York (DTW to LGA)
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to New York in 2009 was 78.04%.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to New York, NY takes about 76 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to New York.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 320,768 passengers from DTW to LGA in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to LGA for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to LGA using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Detroit and New York.
- Flight #552, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 45 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to New York.
- The shortest flight between DTW and LGA takes about 76 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to New York, NY in 2009 was Delta Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and New York from Delta Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 184 seats.
- 552,977 seats were available on flights from DTW to LGA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 435,424 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to LGA that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to LGA in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlines, American Eagle operate the shortest flights from Detroit to New York.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and New York is 501 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, American Eagle, Compass Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlink offer flights from Detroit, MI to New York, NY.
- There were 435,424 passengers that flew from Detroit to New York in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Plane Tickets to Vegas and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotel Orlando you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vegas Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.