Book your DTW to EWR flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Newark airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and EWR, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Liberty Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to EWR Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Newark (EWR), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Newark on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to EWR Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Liberty Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to EWR
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
|United Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Newark (DTW to EWR)
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Detroit and Newark.
- There were 223,304 passengers that flew from Detroit to Newark in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Compass Airlines, Continental Airlines, American Airlines, Air Greenland offer flights from Detroit, MI to Newark, NJ.
- ExpressJet Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Newark.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to EWR for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Newark is 487 miles.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to EWR using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- ExpressJet Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Newark.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Newark, NJ takes about 73 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 113,396 passengers from DTW to EWR in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DTW and EWR takes about 72 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Newark, NJ in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Newark from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- 314,301 seats were available on flights from DTW to EWR in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 223,304 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to EWR that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to EWR in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Flight #7330, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 8 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Newark.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Newark in 2009 was 69.55%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Salt Lake City? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Las Vegas Hotels on the Strip you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Florida Keys Deals today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.