Book your DTW to MCO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Orlando airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and MCO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Orlando Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to MCO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Orlando (MCO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Orlando on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to MCO Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Orlando Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to MCO
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Orlando (DTW to MCO)
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Orlando, FL takes about 127 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Orlando.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Orlando in 2009 was 88.84%.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Detroit and Orlando.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Orlando, FL in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Compass Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to Orlando, FL.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to MCO in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 388,585 passengers from DTW to MCO in 2009.
- There were 529,278 passengers that flew from Detroit to Orlando in 2009.
- Flight #2399, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 21 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Orlando.
- The shortest flight between DTW and MCO takes about 127 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Orlando from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- AirTran Airways, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Orlando.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Orlando is 957 miles.
- 590,035 seats were available on flights from DTW to MCO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 529,278 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to MCO that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to MCO for Compass Airlines is the ERJ-175 built by Embraer with 76 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to MCO using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)