Book your DTW to PHX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Phoenix airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and PHX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Sky Harbor Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to PHX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Phoenix (PHX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Phoenix on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to PHX Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Sky Harbor Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to PHX
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Phoenix (DTW to PHX)
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Detroit and Phoenix.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Phoenix, AZ in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines, US Airways offer flights from Detroit, MI to Phoenix, AZ.
- There were 350,424 passengers that flew from Detroit to Phoenix in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Phoenix from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 220,115 passengers from DTW to PHX in 2009.
- 389,346 seats were available on flights from DTW to PHX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 350,424 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to PHX that year.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to PHX using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Phoenix in 2009 was 89.66%.
- The shortest flight between DTW and PHX takes about 230 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to PHX in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-3 from Boeing. The B757-3 started flying in 1999.
- Flight #450, operated by US Airways, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 26 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Phoenix.
- Northwest Airlines, US Airways operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Phoenix.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Phoenix, AZ takes about 231 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to PHX for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Phoenix is 1671 miles.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Phoenix.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Lava Hot Springs you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.