Book your DTW to PIT flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Pittsburgh airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and PIT, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Pittsburgh Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to PIT Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Pittsburgh (PIT), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Pittsburgh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to PIT Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Pittsburgh Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to PIT
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Pittsburgh (DTW to PIT)
- Flight #2528, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 15 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Pittsburgh.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines, Comair, USA 3000, Air Greenland, US Airways, Air Wisconsin, Air Uganda, American Eagle offer flights from Detroit, MI to Pittsburgh, PA.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Pittsburgh, PA takes about 38 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Pittsburgh in 2009 was 74.17%.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Pittsburgh is 201 miles.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to PIT using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 10 airline companies operating between Detroit and Pittsburgh.
- 124,906 seats were available on flights from DTW to PIT in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 96,349 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to PIT that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to PIT in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- There were 96,555 passengers that flew from Detroit to Pittsburgh in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Pittsburgh from US Airways is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 193 seats.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 36,097 passengers from DTW to PIT in 2009.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Pittsburgh.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to PIT for American Eagle is the EMB-135 built by Embraer with 37 seats.
- The shortest flight between DTW and PIT takes about 37 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Pittsburgh.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Pittsburgh, PA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Cozumel and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Ocean City NJ Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.