Book your DTW to RDU flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Raleigh airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and RDU, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Raleigh Durham Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to RDU Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to RDU Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Raleigh Durham Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to RDU
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Douglas DC-9-50 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Raleigh (DTW to RDU)
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Raleigh is 501 miles.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 130,118 passengers from DTW to RDU in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Raleigh.
- Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Delta Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Air Greenland offer flights from Detroit, MI to Raleigh, NC.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Raleigh in 2009 was 77.81%.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Raleigh from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Detroit and Raleigh.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to RDU for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- There were 133,642 passengers that flew from Detroit to Raleigh in 2009.
- 169,183 seats were available on flights from DTW to RDU in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 133,642 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to RDU that year.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to RDU using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between DTW and RDU takes about 76 minutes.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Raleigh.
- Flight #2988, operated by Northwest Airlink, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 77 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Raleigh.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Raleigh, NC in 2009 was Delta Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Raleigh, NC takes about 76 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to RDU in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Nashville Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Sandusky Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Mount Rushmore Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.