Book your DTW to SAN flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to San Diego airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and SAN, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to San Diego Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to SAN Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Diego (SAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Diego on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to SAN Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to San Diego Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to SAN
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to San Diego (DTW to SAN)
- Northwest Airlines offers flights from Detroit, MI to San Diego, CA.
- Northwest Airlines operates the shortest flights from Detroit to San Diego.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to San Diego, CA takes about 261 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to San Diego.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to San Diego, CA in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to SAN using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and San Diego from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and San Diego is 1957 miles.
- Flight #2363, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 10 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to San Diego.
- 90,806 seats were available on flights from DTW to SAN in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 84,162 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to SAN that year.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to SAN in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-3 from Boeing. The B757-3 started flying in 1999.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to SAN for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- The shortest flight between DTW and SAN takes about 261 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 84,162 passengers from DTW to SAN in 2009.
- There were 84,162 passengers that flew from Detroit to San Diego in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to San Diego in 2009 was 92.66%.
- In 2009, there was just one airline company serving flights from Detroit to San Diego.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental Anchorage? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Portland and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Cape May Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Outer Banks Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.