Book your DTW to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to SFO
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 (winglets) pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to San Francisco (DTW to SFO)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to SFO for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to SFO in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-3 from Boeing. The B757-3 started flying in 1999.
- 193,361 seats were available on flights from DTW to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 181,113 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to SFO that year.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 181,011 passengers from DTW to SFO in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to SFO using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to San Francisco, CA takes about 281 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and San Francisco from Northwest Airlines is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 403 seats.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and San Francisco is 2079 miles.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to San Francisco.
- Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines offer flights from Detroit, MI to San Francisco, CA.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to San Francisco in 2009 was 90.78%.
- There were 181,113 passengers that flew from Detroit to San Francisco in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines operates the shortest flights from Detroit to San Francisco.
- Flight #325, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 13 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to San Francisco.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Detroit and San Francisco.
- The shortest flight between DTW and SFO takes about 281 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B747-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Myrtle Beach and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Tallahassee Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Detroit Vacation Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.