Book your DTW to DCA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and DCA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Ronald Reagan Washington National with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to DCA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (DCA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to DCA Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Ronald Reagan Washington National.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to DCA
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
|US Airways||Canadair Regional Jet|
|US Airways||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Washington, DC (DTW to DCA)
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to DCA in 2009 was Midwest Airlines' EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 249,098 passengers from DTW to DCA in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Washington in 2009 was 68.65%.
- There were 283,149 passengers that flew from Detroit to Washington in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines, Air Wisconsin, Midwest Airlines, Republic Airlines, Comair, Northwest Airlink offer flights from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to DCA for Air Wisconsin is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Washington from Northwest Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to DCA using 6 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Flight #278, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 12 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Washington.
- The shortest flight between DTW and DCA takes about 63 minutes.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC takes about 64 minutes.
- 407,963 seats were available on flights from DTW to DCA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 283,149 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to DCA that year.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Detroit and Washington.
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Washington is 405 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Comair operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Washington.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Fallsview Casino Resort you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.