Book your DTW to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Detroit to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between DTW and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
DTW to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
DTW to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from DTW to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet|
|United Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Detroit to Washington, DC (DTW to IAD)
- The shortest flight distance between Detroit and Washington is 383 miles.
- The newest aircraft servicing DTW to IAD in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlink, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Detroit to Washington.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Detroit and Washington from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from DTW to IAD using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- 175,914 seats were available on flights from DTW to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 128,099 passengers flew on all flights from DTW to IAD that year.
- Northwest Airlink, American Connection, Compass Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Gojet Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, UNITED, Air Greenland offer flights from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC.
- In 2009, there were 9 airline companies operating between Detroit and Washington.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Detroit to Washington in 2009 was 70.49%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from DTW to IAD for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight between DTW and IAD takes about 62 minutes.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Detroit to Washington.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 32,975 passengers from DTW to IAD in 2009.
- There were 128,099 passengers that flew from Detroit to Washington in 2009.
- Flight #1200, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 87 minutes average delay between flights from Detroit to Washington.
- The average flight time from Detroit, MI to Washington, DC takes about 62 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Paris Car Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Cheap Flights to Colorado Springs and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Eureka Springs Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Detroit Packages today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.