Book your FLL to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Fort Lauderdale to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between FLL and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
FLL to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Fort Lauderdale on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
FLL to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from FLL to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||Boeing 757 all pax models|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Spirit Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit (FLL to DTW)
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 199,134 passengers from FLL to DTW in 2009.
- There were 333,985 passengers that flew from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines operates the shortest flights from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between Fort Lauderdale and Detroit is 1127 miles.
- Northwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines offer flights from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Detroit, MI.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from FLL to DTW using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The average flight time from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Detroit, MI takes about 151 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from FLL to DTW for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 124 seats.
- Flight #215, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 26 minutes average delay between flights from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit.
- The newest aircraft servicing FLL to DTW in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' B757-3 from Boeing. The B757-3 started flying in 1999.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Fort Lauderdale and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Fort Lauderdale and Detroit.
- The shortest flight between FLL and DTW takes about 151 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit in 2009 was 80.83%.
- 405,440 seats were available on flights from FLL to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 333,985 passengers flew on all flights from FLL to DTW that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Airfare to Las Vegas and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Miami you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best New York Vacations today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.