Book your IAH to AMA flights with Expedia and find last-minute Houston to Amarillo airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAH and AMA, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from George Bush Intercontinental to Rick Husband Amarillo Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAH to AMA Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Houston (IAH), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Houston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Amarillo (AMA), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Amarillo on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAH to AMA Route Map
Route information for flights from George Bush Intercontinental to Rick Husband Amarillo Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAH to AMA
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Houston to Amarillo (IAH to AMA)
- ExpressJet Airlines operates the shortest flights from Houston to Amarillo.
- Chautauqua Airlines operated flights from IAH to AMA using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- ExpressJet Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, Continental Airlines, Skywest Air offer flights from Houston, TX to Amarillo, TX.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAH to AMA in 2009 was Skywest Air's CRJ-900 from Bombardier. The CRJ-900 started flying in 2003.
- There were 53,315 passengers that flew from Houston to Amarillo in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAH and AMA takes about 77 minutes.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Houston, TX to Amarillo, TX in 2009 was Chautauqua Airlines' EMB-145 from Embraer which started flying in 1996.
- ExpressJet Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Houston to Amarillo.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Houston to Amarillo in 2009 was 68.15%.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Houston and Amarillo.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Houston and Amarillo from Continental Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 216 seats.
- ExpressJet Airlines carried a total of 35,723 passengers from IAH to AMA in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAH to AMA for Chautauqua Airlines is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Flight #2073, operated by ExpressJet Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 20 minutes average delay between flights from Houston to Amarillo.
- The shortest flight distance between Houston and Amarillo is 519 miles.
- The average flight time from Houston, TX to Amarillo, TX takes about 77 minutes.
- 79,008 seats were available on flights from IAH to AMA in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 53,198 passengers flew on all flights from IAH to AMA that year.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)