Book your IAH to LAX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Houston to Los Angeles airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAH and LAX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from George Bush Intercontinental to Los Angeles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAH to LAX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Houston (IAH), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Houston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Los Angeles (LAX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Los Angeles on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAH to LAX Route Map
Route information for flights from George Bush Intercontinental to Los Angeles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAH to LAX
|American Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|Copa Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-800 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 737-900 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-300 pax|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Houston to Los Angeles (IAH to LAX)
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAH to LAX for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- Continental Airlines, American Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Frontier offer flights from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAH to LAX in 2009 was Continental Airlines' B737-9 from Boeing. The B737-9 started flying in 2002.
- Continental Airlines operates the shortest flights from Houston to Los Angeles.
- The shortest flight distance between Houston and Los Angeles is 1379 miles.
- Continental Airlines operated flights from IAH to LAX using 9 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Continental Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Houston to Los Angeles.
- Flight #1539, operated by Continental Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 10 minutes average delay between flights from Houston to Los Angeles.
- The shortest flight between IAH and LAX takes about 184 minutes.
- Continental Airlines carried a total of 567,092 passengers from IAH to LAX in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Houston and Los Angeles.
- 658,870 seats were available on flights from IAH to LAX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 567,572 passengers flew on all flights from IAH to LAX that year.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA in 2009 was American Airlines' B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA takes about 184 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Houston and Los Angeles from Continental Airlines is the B767-4 built by Boeing with 237 seats.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Houston to Los Angeles in 2009 was 84.82%.
- There were 567,572 passengers that flew from Houston to Los Angeles in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Rent a Car Birmingham? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Cabo San Lucas and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Provincetown Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Machu Picchu Tours today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.