Book your IAH to IAD flights with Expedia and find last-minute Houston to Washington, DC airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAH and IAD, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from George Bush Intercontinental to Washington Dulles Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAH to IAD Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Houston (IAH), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Houston on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAH to IAD Route Map
Route information for flights from George Bush Intercontinental to Washington Dulles Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAH to IAD
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Houston to Washington, DC (IAH to IAD)
- The average flight time from Houston, TX to Washington, DC takes about 149 minutes.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Houston to Washington.
- UNITED operated flights from IAH to IAD using 4 types of aircraft in 2009.
- UNITED carried a total of 41,111 passengers from IAH to IAD in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAH to IAD in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight between IAH and IAD takes about 145 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Houston to Washington in 2009 was 74.69%.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Houston, TX to Washington, DC in 2009 was go Operated by Mesa Airlines' RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines, UNITED, ExpressJet Airlines operate the shortest flights from Houston to Washington.
- There were 62,319 passengers that flew from Houston to Washington in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Houston and Washington from Continental Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 216 seats.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAH to IAD for ExpressJet Airlines is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- Flight #7290, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 9 minutes average delay between flights from Houston to Washington.
- 84,312 seats were available on flights from IAH to IAD in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 62,319 passengers flew on all flights from IAH to IAD that year.
- UNITED, Shuttle America, ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Continental Airlines offer flights from Houston, TX to Washington, DC.
- The shortest flight distance between Houston and Washington is 1190 miles.
- In 2009, there were 5 airline companies operating between Houston and Washington.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)