Book your IND to ATL flights with Expedia and find last-minute Indianapolis to Atlanta airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IND and ATL, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Indianapolis Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IND to ATL Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Indianapolis (IND), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Indianapolis on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Atlanta (ATL), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Atlanta on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IND to ATL Route Map
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Lava Hot Springs Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Route information for flights from Indianapolis Intl. to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IND to ATL
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 717|
|AirTran Airways||Boeing 737-700 pax|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Indianapolis to Atlanta (IND to ATL)
- Delta Airlines operated flights from IND to ATL using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IND to ATL in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight distance between Indianapolis and Atlanta is 432 miles.
- Flight #1923, operated by Delta Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 15 minutes average delay between flights from Indianapolis to Atlanta.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Indianapolis and Atlanta from Delta Airlines is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 183 seats.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Indianapolis and Atlanta.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Indianapolis, IN to Atlanta, GA in 2009 was Air Greenland's B737-4 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- Atlantic Southeast offers the shortest flight times from Indianapolis to Atlanta.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, Delta Airlines, Skywest Air, Atlantic Southeast, AirTran Airways operate the shortest flights from Indianapolis to Atlanta.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Indianapolis to Atlanta in 2009 was 80.17%.
- The shortest flight between IND and ATL takes about 68 minutes.
- Delta Airlines carried a total of 198,434 passengers from IND to ATL in 2009.
- There were 401,060 passengers that flew from Indianapolis to Atlanta in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IND to ATL for Atlantic Southeast is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The average flight time from Indianapolis, IN to Atlanta, GA takes about 71 minutes.
- 520,248 seats were available on flights from IND to ATL in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 401,060 passengers flew on all flights from IND to ATL that year.
- Delta Airlines, AirTran Airways, Shuttle America, Atlantic Southeast, Skywest Air, Northwest Airlink, Comair, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Indianapolis, IN to Atlanta, GA.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)