Book your IND to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Indianapolis to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IND and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Indianapolis Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IND to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Indianapolis (IND), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Indianapolis on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IND to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Indianapolis Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IND to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A319|
|Delta Air Lines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Delta Air Lines||McDonnell Douglas MD88|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Indianapolis to Detroit (IND to DTW)
- The average flight time from Indianapolis, IN to Detroit, MI takes about 45 minutes.
- The newest aircraft servicing IND to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- Northwest Airlines carried a total of 118,501 passengers from IND to DTW in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines, Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Indianapolis to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Continental Airlines, American Airlines, Comair offer flights from Indianapolis, IN to Detroit, MI.
- The shortest flight distance between Indianapolis and Detroit is 231 miles.
- The shortest flight between IND and DTW takes about 44 minutes.
- There were 150,489 passengers that flew from Indianapolis to Detroit in 2009.
- 217,748 seats were available on flights from IND to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 150,489 passengers flew on all flights from IND to DTW that year.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IND to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Indianapolis, IN to Detroit, MI in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- Flight #7262, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 23 minutes average delay between flights from Indianapolis to Detroit.
- In 2009, there were 6 airline companies operating between Indianapolis and Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Indianapolis to Detroit in 2009 was 69.06%.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from IND to DTW using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Indianapolis and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the B757-3 built by Boeing with 224 seats.
- Comair offers the shortest flight times from Indianapolis to Detroit.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Alliance Airlines and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Brookings Oregon you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.