Book your TYS to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Knoxville to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between TYS and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from McGhee Tyson to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
TYS to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Knoxville (TYS), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Knoxville on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
TYS to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from McGhee Tyson to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from TYS to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Knoxville to Detroit (TYS to DTW)
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Knoxville, TN to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair which started flying in 1997.
- There were 35,959 passengers that flew from Knoxville to Detroit in 2009.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Knoxville to Detroit.
- The shortest flight distance between Knoxville and Detroit is 443 miles.
- The average flight time from Knoxville, TN to Detroit, MI takes about 76 minutes.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Knoxville to Detroit.
- Comair operated flights from TYS to DTW using one type of aircraft in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Knoxville to Detroit in 2009 was 62.34%.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Knoxville and Detroit from Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- The shortest flight between TYS and DTW takes about 74 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from TYS to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 35,943 passengers from TYS to DTW in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 2 airline companies operating between Knoxville and Detroit.
- The newest aircraft servicing TYS to DTW in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- 55,750 seats were available on flights from TYS to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 35,959 passengers flew on all flights from TYS to DTW that year.
- Flight #5086, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 172 minutes average delay between flights from Knoxville to Detroit.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair offer flights from Knoxville, TN to Detroit, MI.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Gardiner MT you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.