Book your LAN to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Lansing to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LAN and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Capital Region Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LAN to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Lansing (LAN), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Lansing on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LAN to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Capital Region Intl. to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LAN to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Canadair Regional Jet|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Lansing to Detroit (LAN to DTW)
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 45,684 passengers from LAN to DTW in 2009.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Lansing and Detroit.
- Northwest Airlines operated flights from LAN to DTW using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- Northwest Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Lansing to Detroit.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Lansing to Detroit in 2009 was 57.67%.
- There were 61,040 passengers that flew from Lansing to Detroit in 2009.
- The average flight time from Lansing, MI to Detroit, MI takes about 23 minutes.
- 96,466 seats were available on flights from LAN to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 61,040 passengers flew on all flights from LAN to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines, Air Wisconsin offer flights from Lansing, MI to Detroit, MI.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Lansing and Detroit from Northwest Airlines is the DC-9-50 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 125 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Lansing, MI to Detroit, MI in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' DC-9-30 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing LAN to DTW in 2009 was Compass Airlines' ERJ-175 from Embraer. The ERJ-175 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight distance between Lansing and Detroit is 74 miles.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LAN to DTW for Air Wisconsin is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlink, Northwest Airlines operate the shortest flights from Lansing to Detroit.
- The shortest flight between LAN and DTW takes about 23 minutes.
- Flight #1588, operated by Northwest Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 42 minutes average delay between flights from Lansing to Detroit.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Grayton Beach you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.