Book your LEX to DTW flights with Expedia and find last-minute Lexington to Detroit airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between LEX and DTW, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Blue Grass to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
LEX to DTW Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Lexington (LEX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Lexington on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Detroit (DTW), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Detroit on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
LEX to DTW Route Map
Route information for flights from Blue Grass to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County.
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from LEX to DTW
|Delta Air Lines||Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Lexington to Detroit (LEX to DTW)
- Northwest Airlink carried a total of 26,935 passengers from LEX to DTW in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Lexington to Detroit in 2009 was 64.52%.
- The average flight time from Lexington, KY to Detroit, MI takes about 57 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Lexington and Detroit.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from LEX to DTW for Comair is the CRJ-2/4 built by Canadair with 50 seats.
- Northwest Airlink offers the shortest flight times from Lexington to Detroit.
- 51,390 seats were available on flights from LEX to DTW in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 31,263 passengers flew on all flights from LEX to DTW that year.
- Northwest Airlink, Comair, American Airlines offer flights from Lexington, KY to Detroit, MI.
- The shortest flight distance between Lexington and Detroit is 296 miles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Lexington and Detroit from American Airlines is the MD-80 built by Mcdonnell Douglas with 140 seats.
- There were 31,263 passengers that flew from Lexington to Detroit in 2009.
- Flight #5065, operated by Comair, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 12 minutes average delay between flights from Lexington to Detroit.
- Comair, Northwest Airlink operate the shortest flights from Lexington to Detroit.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Lexington, KY to Detroit, MI in 2009 was American Airlines' MD-80 from Mcdonnell Douglas which started flying in 1990.
- The newest aircraft servicing LEX to DTW in 2009 was Comair's CRJ-2/4 from Canadair. The CRJ-2/4 started flying in 1997.
- The shortest flight between LEX and DTW takes about 54 minutes.
- American Airlines operated flights from LEX to DTW using one type of aircraft in 2009.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Find the best Kapalua today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.